View a PDF of the powerpoint presentation: Community-based conservation
- Argyris, C. and D. Schon. 1974. Theory in Practice. Increasing Professional Effectiveness.
- Beretan, K.K. 2007. A cognition-based view of decision processes in complex social-ecological systems.
- Curtin, C. G. 2002. Science and community-based conservation in the Malpai Borderlands.
- Curtin. C.G. 2014. Resilience design: Toward a synthesis of cognition, learning, and collaboration for adaptive problem solving in conservation and natural resource stewardship.
- Curtin, C.G. and D. Western. 2008. Rangelands as a global conservation resource: Lessons from cross-cultural exchange between pastoral cultures in East Africa and North America.
- Daniels, S.E. and G.B. Walker. 2001. Working through environmental policy conflict: The collaborative learning approach.
- Folke, C., T. Hahn, P. Olsson, and J. Norberg. 2005. Adaptive governance of social-ecological knowledge.
- Hanleybrown, F., J. Kania, and M. Kramer. 2012. Channeling change: Making collective impact work.
- Hardin, G. 1968. The tragedy of the commons.
- Holling, C.S., ed. 1978. Adaptive Environmental Assessment and Management.
- Holling, C.S. and G.K. Meffe. 1996. Command and control and the pathology of natural-resource management.
- Kania, J. and M. Kramer. 2011. Collective impact.
- Lee, K.N. 1993. Compass and gyroscope.
- McKinney, M. and S. B. V.dW. 2006. Sustaining Montana’s working landscapes.
- Mintzberg, H. 1987. Crafting strategy.
- Ostrom, E. 1990. Governing the commons: The evolution of institutions for collective action.
- Tilt, W., C. Conley, M. James, J.C. Lynn, T.A. Munoz-Erickson, and P. Warren. 2008. Creating successful collaborations in the West: Lessons from the field.
- Wolf, T. 2001. The Malpai Borderlands Group: Science, community and collaborative management.